Bernard Coleman is the founder of The Coleman Law Firm. He has closed more than $1 billion dollars in transactions for clients in a variety of industries, including technology, entertainment, venture capital, healthcare, and more.
His firm specializes in representing diverse founders, small businesses, and early-stage growth companies through the stages of formation, organization, capitalization, expansion, and acquisition.
In this interview, Bernard discusses:
– Why he left the world of “Big Law” to start his own firm.
– Helping underrepresented founders raise capital via equity crowdfunding.
– The legal requirements involved in creating an investment fund.
– The legal ramifications of not differentiating between independent contractors and employees.
– Best practices for trademark protection.
– Determining when a cryptocurrency should be classified as either a utility token or a security.
– Intellectual property issues in the Metaverse.
– The benefits of acquiring businesses via the franchise model.
Disclaimer: The information provided does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice; instead, all information provided is for general informational purposes only.
SHOPPE BLACK is a multimedia platform for Black entrepreneurs and investors.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
CHECK OUT OUR OTHER VIDEOS
Real Estate Investor Builds 8-Figure Multifamily Real Estate Portfolio | Black Investor Spotlight
How To Benefit From Govt Contracts and Local Resources for Entrepreneurs | Black Business Spotlight
Black Founder Spotlight | Abu Kamara, CEO and Co-founder of Grovara
𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬…?
Like the video (it helps a ton!)
Comment if you made it till the end!
Share the video with anyone you think it might help 🙂
Thanks for being with us!
If you like this video please SUBSCRIBE to our channel